- Learned about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Found a new, 3-column template for my blog
- Joined Technorati and Blog Explosion blog aggregators
- Joined Amazon's affiliate program so that books I love can be linked to here
- Joined Flickr and Photobucket to upload and link to photos
And that's just the tip of the blogosphere iceberg. Which brings me to the point of my post....
Anyone that has a desire to learn this stuff can do so. Most of what I learned came from my lovely wife Terri (who's blog is http://homeatlastfarm.blogspot.com/ ) and a very handy book. Everything else came from intelligently searching the web and applying what I learned.
My wife has been blogging for years and I paid very little attention to what she was up to. Over the years, her site has become a beautiful work of art, and an SAHM's font of information. She is the inspiration for my first Web Community venture (as well as the mother of my 5 lovely children!) She's no IT gal, but she sure knows this blogging stuff!
If you want to do this, just give it a try. It's free, it's not that hard, and it's a lot of fun!