Guess what that means?!? _______________ (fill in the blank) will definitely NOT happen! Why, you ask? Because no one can be held accountable when everyone is responsible. Teamwork is a great thing, but this isn't even that. None of the individuals in this room will be working with any of the other individuals in this room!
Be careful when a group is assigned a task like making ______________ (fill in the blank) happen. At the minimum., you should:
- Break "making _____________ (fill in the blank) happen" into individual supporting tasks.
- Assign individuals specific tasks to establish accountability.
- Establish reasonable criteria for completion and a completion date.
- Give everyone one point of contact to discuss problems, roadblocks, and completion dates.
- Set up a follow-up meeting to mark the end of the project to ensure ___________(fill in the blank) actually happens.
What? The meeting is over? And I don't have a task or any reason to have attended? Sure am glad I didn't miss this one....grins...
I rest my case.